Saturday, September 10, 2005

To Albuquerque...wow, I can spell it!



Old town above and Sandia Mountain below...hmm that's kind of funny.






I arrived in Albuquerque around 3pm or 15:00uhr for my Europeans...I drove straight to the Honda Dealership (they were expecting me) to swap out my headlight...after that was finished on I went to sightsee! I took the tramway to the top of the Sandia mountain range which sits on the north (yeah I could be wrong on that) side. BEAUTIFUL! :) It cost $15 but was completely worth it...especially if you eat in the restaurant (which I didn't - 'cause that was a bit more) but I hiked around the mountain for an hour or so. The funny thing was that I felt so small as I looked over this range. I could see for miles and miles. It was kind of strange to see Ski Runs without snow on them though. It wasn't lonely or anything, just peaceful. I know it sounds hokey, but it really was cool. I then went to my hotel to drop things off and continued to "Old Town" - it really is old. The houses from the first settlers still stand and I thought it was quite lovely that there was a wedding in the park at sunset. I ate dinner inside a lovely restaurant which happened to be inside the first home built...Was a great afternoon! The people are so friendly here and hey I saw cowboys this morning in Elk City...yup, theys was talking 'bout the rodeo, yeehaw! :) Wow, was that just this morning...it's starting to blend together. Off to the Grand Canyon tomorrow...I'm soooo excited!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Great pics once again, Vick! Albuquerque (that's really how you spell it?) looks very relaxing... I should go there sometime to unwind...

queenvick said...

Yo! :) thanks for looking at my blog...I think you may be the only one. :) At least you're the only one that comments on it. Yeah, Albuquerque was cool, but I would say, fly there! Most of the drive is pretty freakin boring.