Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Day off...


See, it looks like there's a lot to do...yeah there's not though.


The pictures from a parking lot... :)


Mary Ann and Ray in front of their new house! They were so great to me...fed me, tried to fix my light with me and are just lovely people. Thank you!!!

Hello! I decided to take yesterday off from posting anything, mostly due to exhaustion. I arrived in Elk City, Oklahoma around 11pm after trying to fix a broken headlight. The day actually was quite nice though...I drove from Ozark, MO to Oklahoma City with a few stops in between. I stopped in Miami, OK because they had this sign that read "Come to Miami! We have..." and this long list ensued...well, maybe they USED to have a lot there, but really it was just a sleepy town with nothing going on. My goal was to get food, but apparently not in Miami, so I drove on. Next came Tulsa...I'm still hungry at this point and needing gas, so I drive around thinking that I can't get lost because I'm in Tulsa and it's not that big of a city. Yeah, that was wrong...I somehow got myself quite turned around and ended up in a parking lot taking pictures of the skyline...still no food. So, I continued on to Oklahoma where I was going to have dinner with Lucas's Mom MaryAnn and his step dad Ray...that was the best part of the day! I took a nap on their porch swing in the backyard since I beat them to their house...then Mary Ann cooked an amazing dinner and the three of us chatted into the evening. Well, then came the deal with the Headlight (which I finally got fixed in Albuquerque)...so after a couple of hours of searching for this elusive light bulb, (and not finding it) I got on the road and drove on. :)

2 comments:

Steve said...

It was very nice of Mary Ann and Ray to put you up for the night!

queenvick said...

Oh they didn't put me up, but they did feed me and try to install a light for me. They're really nice! I think the Comfort Inn put me up, or was it Days Inn? starting to blend :)