Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fun Sad Night and Cell Phones





As I prepared to leave for LA I thought it would be like most of the other times I left a city. It wasn't. When I first moved to London, I was so sad to leave my family (I still get sad when I leave them). Since then I've moved quite a few times and in a way thought leaving NY would be easier. My best friend Elisabeth (who was my roommate for two years), Laura (who I met in Boston), Rafael, Jurgen, Lucas (you all know who he is by now) and I "celebrated" this upcoming adventure. We ate pizza, had "celebrity mousse Cheesecake", Champagne and lovely Conversation. By the way, Rafael - it was lovely having you back in town. I had been a little teary all day, but as I hugged my friends at the end of the night, I really lost it. I guess more than anything, this is just to say Thank you to not only the friends who hugged me last night, but to everyone who has supported me in this move - wether it was over email, phone, person, family and friends - I felt really loved yesterday and hope you know that I love you.

By the way, leaving this morning, and hugging Lucas brought back the tears...but the tear ducts are quite dry now so that's good as driving would have been quite difficult. :)
So, on a funnier note...At one point, everyone (except me) had out a cell phone to exchange numbers - hm should I feel honored that I already had everyone's phone numbers? :) oh yeah, and someone thought it would be cool to cut the decorative lights in OUR garden...lovely huh? Well, I say pooh on them and we put up new ones! :) HA!

No comments: