Friday, September 09, 2005

Day 3, Part A - Vandalia, Illinois





Well, after a late night and early morning, my journey continues on. After meeting Tommy for Breakfast in Terre Haute, I began my drive toward Ozark. It took me through Illionois where I stopped in Vandalia. I'm guessing that most of you haven't heard of this town (I certainly hadn't) but it was the capital of Illinois from 1819 - 1839 and it's white federal building served as the State Capitol building from 1836 - 1839 and was also the site of Abraham Lincoln blossoming political career. See, who knew you would learn something from this blog? There wasn't much else to see in the town and I did knock on the Former Capitol Building - but no one answered so that's all I learned about Vandalia. Now, onto St. Louis...

1 comment:

Steve said...

Thanks for the history lesson Sis!