Friday, June 23, 2006

The Doggie Park Adventure



So, I felt I should share the story of the doggie park. I was dogsitting Lucy (pictured of course) and decided that we would venture to a lovely dog park so that she could run around like a maniac. Well, shortly after we arrived, two pit bulls and Retriever came in to join the fun. Oh and fun it was...Lucy (an Italian Greyhound and wicked fast!) ran them around the entire area...well at some points I would hear her wincing and wanting them to stop...well the last time she circled the park, she saw and ran directly toward me. She jumped up in my arms and buried her face in my neck - oh so cute you're saying right? Well, she weighs 5 pounds...the three dogs that were chasing her however weighed a lot more and as she jumped in my arms they continued running and tackled me!!!!!! I think I was actually lifted off the ground much like a football player but with four dogs on top of me. Those of you who actually know me...each dog weighed about the same as I do! :) I wasn't hurt and it created much amusement with all other dog owners...I think I received a doggie bath that day...yeah good times. So, here are some pics of Lucy from the next day - no tackling that day!

1 comment:

Steve said...

...and I was just going to leave you a note on your MySpace that you need to update ;)

Super-busy at work today... I'll look over all your pictures and commentary in a little bit.

Great job sis!

- SE