Sunday, August 13, 2006

Al Green...





Ah yes, the Hollywood Bowl. Easily one of my favourite venues in LA and I believe I share this sentiment with quite a few other people. On a Wednesday evening my friend/concert goer/music lover Daniel and I bought $12 tickets (there are some as cheap as $3) to see Al Green perform with opening performance by Layla Hathaway. We sat quite far away so unfortunatly the pics aren't all that great, but it was a great show! At first we thought that it was Eddie Murphy doing an impression of Al Green, but no, it was really him. He sang most of his classics (no preaching) with a rendition of Amazing Grace being the only tie to his Reverand Ways. I was definitely disappointed by the fact that he didn't sing "Let's stay together" (I think that's what it is called) but maybe he was just saying f*@# you to Pulp Fiction. :)

No comments: