Monday, December 18, 2006

San Francisco....
















Hello lovely people! So, now that we've all mourned the loss of my beloved camera, I thought that rather than leaving that sad post - I would continue updating with current photos! :) I still haven't covered Dawn's visit so let me begin :)
My lovely friend Dawn arrived in LA on a friday evening. After chatting the night away, we spent Saturday on a bit of a car tour before leaving for San Francisco early Sunday morning. By early - I mean early! Most of you would be shocked to know that I got my bum out of bed at 6:30am. We made kick ass time and arrived at our hotel exactly 5 hours later! :) It started off being a beautiful morning, sun shining, warm...then as we were driving suddenly we noticed a cloud so low that it could have been a fire cloud - from then on, the fog never lifted!!! It was so foggy that we could barely see out the sides of the windows - but lucky for Dawn she could still see enough to say "what kind of plant is that? What kind of plant is that? What kind of bush is that?" - yeah I didn't know. Apparently she likes agriculture. :)

Okay, on to San Fran: We hopped on a lovely bus to tour the city shortly after our arrival which was great! We got a great overview and decided that we would eat dinner in the Italian part of the city. Ate a lovely meal and decided to hit a bar nearby. We spotted this place with music oozing out and wandered in! It was a little dive bar where all of our drinks were only $3!!!! We sat at the bar enjoying the strange patrons...perhaps strange is putting it nicely. After a couple of drinks we were exhausted so we thought "well, we're not far from our hotel so we can just walk this way" - umm yeah, "that way" did not work!!!!! We ended up walking UPHILL on at least 10 of the 43 hills in San Francisco that go straight up! My thighs, calves and heart were so tired - It took us 1.5 hours to get back to our hotel - but we had a lovely walking tour. The next day we spent wandering around Union Square, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf and more wandering uphill :) okay time for some pics - more in the next entry...

No comments: