Thursday, May 04, 2006

Protest on Wilshire...






On the 1st of May, there were massive boycotts and protests happening in the LA Area. For what you ask? Well, rather than me explaining it, perhaps you should read the paper or watch the news...'cause there hasn't been a lack of coverage. :) It was a pretty amazing atmosphere though. Completely peaceful and more of a festival than anything else. There were people singing, chanting, dancing...it was actually quite fun to witness.
When I awoke from my nap on Monday afternoon I wondered why a helicopter kept circling my building...I pretty much figured that it was some fugitive on the loose ('cause that happens around here sometimes) alas, it was that half a million people were walking down the street nearby. :)

1 comment:

Steve said...

Almost looks like "Carnival" in Rio... minus the nudity of course, unfortunately...