Sunday, April 23, 2006

Victoria in the News...

So, let me tell you a story people. It was Friday afternoon around 4:30pm when I happily left work. I noticed that my car was idling very high...now I take pretty good care of my car aka "Kelly" so I was surprised to find that the oil was low. I refilled it and decided to get home. Well, along the way, I noticed that the car was acting very strange and then began to smoke. So, I pulled over on a very nice street in Beverly Hills and took all the necessary steps. I let it cool off, and once again the oil was empty. Hmm anyone noticing a pattern? So, I decided to try and make it to a gas station. This was unsuccessfull as the temperature steadily climbed back to Hot within three minutes. So, now the car was really smoking and I was on a very busy street trying to get over. A man in the car next to me said "Hey your car is smoking" to which I replied "Yes, I know, could you please let me over so I can get into that parking lot?" He started to laugh and then DIDN'T LET ME OVER! Ah so nice...anyway, I made it a few more meters before the car completely died. Yeah, I was in one of the busiest intersection in all of West LA while the people went apeshit! Apparently, if you honk and scream at the person it makes the car start again. Did they really think that I was just taking a break from driving? So, my car is smoking, in the middle of the intersection and I was pretty much trapped inside the car...since others were trying to get by. Finally, a Limo Driver stopped and he and his passenger ended up getting out to help me move over. They stopped traffic for me...now that was very nice. So, when the Tow Truck showed up, the driver informed me that I made the news! YEA, my LA debut! Luckily, it was nothing too serious and I already have my car back from the shop...hmm very dramatic though huh?

P.S. for those of you who care: it was just that a hose basically disintegrated which caused the coolant to leak...

No comments: