Sunday, March 26, 2006

Santa Cruz, CA





Hello! Last weekend I enjoyed an improptu trip to Santa Cruz, CA! :) I actually had an Audition at Shakespeare Santa Cruz - which is one of the best known Summer Shakespeare Festivals in the Country where I auditioned to be Eliza in Pygmalion (yeah it's Shaw - they also do other plays as well as their annual Shakespeare Productions. Anyway...The Audition went great and afterward I was moved to explore the area. I would very very very highly recommend visiting this area! It is soo beautiful! A few friends and I (that I met at the audition) explored all the way up to Half Moon Bay and Moss Beach...enjoying a beer alongside a bunch of strangers in a small restaurant that had chairs around firepits for all to share. It was amazing...after munching on some appetizers we ventured over to "Barbara's" - a small local place that served the most amazing wild Salmon...hmmm this is starting to sound like a tourist essay isn't it? The most amazing part of it was a tiny hike to the edge of a small cliff, which overlooked the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other...It makes me wonder why I live in Concrete Ville. After our adventure, I drove 6 hours back to Los Angeles...yeah I was tired.

No comments: