Friday, August 26, 2005

Little Italy...



Now, most people in NY go to Little Italy in Manhattan (adjacent/in the middle of China Town). That Little Italy is lovely as well...but we went to the REAL Little Italy in the Bronx. It's near the Bronx Zoo and if you really want to see some Italians, this is the place to go. Plus, anytime you want to see dead Rabbits hanging in store windows (butcher shop obviously), fresh cheese and bread and pastries for days...go to the Bronx! There are plenty of nice cars around (hmm all the windows are tinted...thoughts?) and the Italians sit outside and chat, play chess and greet each other. It really did appear that everyone knew each other...and we're pretty sure we saw a couple of deals go down. :) We ate at an amazing restaurant on Arthur St...and for the first time I could just order a "house white" and know that it was a good glass of wine! Ah, it was like being back in Florence or Vienna for that matter. :) I would have taken more pics, but I was a little afraid that my camera would capture some deal and I would have my knees broken...but here are a couple.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I'll have to visit the Bronx "Litte Italy" next time I'm there...

Actually, I consider my house the "Little Italy" of New Brighton (as I watch way too much Sopranos)...